Saturday, July 10, 2010

Scorpions

We went scorpion hunting at night a little while back. I know sounds pretty tricky, but it wasn't too hard really. There is a variety of scorpion out here that glows in the dark when you shine a black light on them. At first I thought we would have to trek out into the desert and really hunt or dig for them. But turns out they were hiding in the rock walls that we walked along and sat on during the day. It was kinda freaky thinking of how close we were to them in reality without even knowing. The girls loved it, and there were tons to find. Every couple of feet you could shine the flashlight and a couple more would pop right out. They would get mad and flash their pinchers at us, and we would laugh. I didn't think too much about it, I never got too close. I was even getting ready to go do it again, just so I could take a picture to show you. They didn't scare me, until today, when I found one in my house right next to the door handle I was going to open. I was about to freak out. Luckily, I was on the phone to my sister in law (and expert scorpion killer in texas). I probably would have just tried to brush it out the door, to get it out of my house, not thinking. I wasn't even sure if this was one of the poisonous ones or not. Then my sister told me I had to kill it so it wouldn't come back.... I was scared to death that it would come after my kids if I didn't get rid of it. So my sis talked me through all the steps on how to kill it, the easiest being spraying it with bug killer, till it's immobilized then scooping it up with the dust pan, and then flushing it down the toliet. I was hypervenilating the entire time. Eww I hate bugs, the worst part is, I can't relax thinking there might be another in the house somewhere. One things for sure, pest control will be called on Monday. Oh yeah and Kel has been gone over a week on buisness. I hate sleeping alone!
ON the positive side, I finallly got a 50mm lens that I've been wanting forever for my birthday. We went to the zoo today to try it out. Here are a few good pics...


It's one in a million to get this girl to smile at the camera. Her sister is quite the opposite. So I'll take what I can get.















Blowing kisses

the bright sun is difficult to work with out here. It's hardly ever cloudy.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Yikes to the scorpion in your house!! The pictures of your girls are beautiful!!

llq said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeousbridal jacket

qwe asd said...

Allure Bridesmaid Dresses
Bari Jay Bridesmaid Dresses
DaVinci Bridesmaid Dresses
Forever Yours Bridesmaid
Tiffany Prom Dresses

johny said...

such a nice blog
Land For Sale
building plots for sale

Chaussures Nike Femme said...

Ariesdomestic violence and quotes : Accessories wedding to ! Occur! Can happen! Fight beside me ah! Today is simply not your die i live ! ( A deadly war ) Taurus domestic violence Classic Quotes : Ayaya , careful to not ever smash things , this can be to implement money to shop for A ! Protection of property ( to safeguard the scene ! ) br Geminidomestic violence quotes : Hey , I ventured into the starting ! Chase me ah? ? (This can be called domestic violence ? Clearly play house game you chase me playing ... ) Cancer domestic violence and quotes : do not hit , beware injured A ~~ hum ...... ( this is definitely bully people ... ) Leo domestic violence classic Quotes : others in me ? ? ? ? ? You want to live ? ! ! ( Doing behavior is just not . However , if your two include the lions ? . Allure wedding dress. Bonny wedding dress. ) Virgo classic quotations of domestic violence : wow , throw crooked , you will find the measure of quasi distance ah ? ? (This is often domestic violence or military training ?) Libra domestic violence and quotes : tell you Oh, so after that net change I hit you ! ( The most sweat a ) Scorpio classic quotations of domestic violence : sample , recognize it, you isn't my opponent , asap to discontinue . ( The depth of the martial arts master contest ... ) Sagittarius classic quotations of domestic violence : I come! wedding dress! Accept the Jewelry Set wedding! ! Left! ! ( Within the play through the trials belonging to the game ? ) Capricorn classic quotations of domestic violence : A Yo Yo , an original domestic violence is against the law Oh, you are unable to struck me , be certain you jail Oh . ( Time restraints in the rule of law and morality , make no mistake . ) Aquarius domestic violence and quotes : This action is ecellent, oh ~ hold . I shot down ! ( It was not life when life ah ......) Pisces domestic violence and quotes : you beat ! Hum hum , ooo, ooo ooo, ooo ... ( you won't need to fight ? How the movies ... ) : : constellation Forum ] Updated : [ 20071011 8:25:00 ] [,]],,