Friday, May 28, 2010

Arizona's scenery

It has been a wild and crazy ride the past couple of weeks. We are finally in Arizona, living in temporary housing while our house is being finished. It's been a little crazy trying to keep these kids busy. Sadly we got here just in time for it to get hot! Yesterday broke 100 degrees already. It's not too bad yet, we mostly stay indoors during the afternoon. The morning and evenings are quite cool. The only weird thing is that Arizona does not have daylight savings, so sunrise is at 5:30. I don't really like that. The other thing that worried me when we decided to come here, was the desert landscaping, but I'm happy to say it is quite the opposite of what I expected. The plants may not be lush and green, but they are quite beautiful in their own way. They are starting to grow on me. Take a peek.....Our cute little adobe rentalLots of pokey things down here. The girls have figures out the hard way not to touch!There is quite and abundance of flowersI didn't realize there were mountains down here....
This is a saugaro(suwaro) cactus. They say each arm takes 60-90 years to grow, and it is unlawful to cut down.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks awesome! I love your new adventure ;)

Scott and Lindsay said...

Well, I logged in to delete my blog seeing as how I haven't touched it in a year! But... now I think I'll have to keep it so I can keep in touch with you! It's nice to see all the pictures - although, I have to say it looks like you're in a nother country! It's a whole new world out there, huh? I'll have to get some photos of Trey this weekend and post them for Ivy so he can say Hi!
Miss you already!

Randi said...

I hate to say it, but....

I told ya so! ;)

Seeing those plants made me... dare I say it.... a little homesick. Our family made so many WONDERFUL, MAGICAL moments in our desert.

It became our oasis.

I hope that you, Kelly and the girls will find your oasis there too!

LOVE YA!

KatieLarson said...

Beautiful pictures.

Trevor L. King said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Steve and Kim said...

Beautiful photographs. You did a great job with your new 50mm lens. Keep it up.

qwe asd said...

Forever Yours Wedding Dresses
Impression Wedding Dresses
Jordan Wedding Dresses
La Sposa Wedding Dresses
Moonlight Wedding Dresses

unique shop accessories said...

Its wonderful. I love this.
uniqueshopaccessories

Chaussures Nike Femme said...

Ariesdomestic violence Alfred Angelo wedding dress and quotes : to ! Occur! Can happen! Fight beside me ah! Today is simply not your die i live ! ( A deadly war ) Taurus domestic violence Classic Quotes : Ayaya , careful to not ever smash things , this can be to implement money to shop for A ! Protection of property ( to safeguard the scene ! ) br Geminidomestic violence quotes : Hey , I ventured into the starting ! Chase me ah? Bridesmaid Dresses? (This can be called domestic violence bridal dress shop? Clearly play house game you chase me playing ... ) Cancer domestic violence and quotes : do not hit , beware injured A ~~ hum ...... ( this is definitely bully people ... ) Leo domestic violence classic Quotes : others in me ? ? ? ? ? You want to live ? ! ! ( Doing behavior is just not . However , if your two include the lions ? . wedding dress gown. Allure bridesmaid dress. ) Virgo classic quotations of domestic violence : wow , throw crooked , you will find the measure of quasi distance ah ? ? (This is often domestic violence or military training ?) Libra domestic violence and quotes : tell you Oh, so after that net change I hit you ! ( The most sweat a ) Scorpio classic quotations of domestic violence : sample , recognize it, you isn't my opponent , asap to discontinue . ( The depth of the martial arts master contest ... ) Sagittarius classic quotations of domestic violence : I come! ! Accept the ! ! Left! ! ( Within the play through the trials belonging to the game ? ) Capricorn classic quotations of domestic violence : A Yo Yo , an original domestic violence is against the law Oh, you are unable to struck me , be certain you jail Oh . ( Time restraints in the rule of law and morality , make no mistake . ) Aquarius domestic violence and quotes : This action is ecellent, oh ~ hold . I shot down ! ( It was not life when life ah ......) Pisces domestic violence and quotes : you beat ! Hum hum , ooo, ooo ooo, ooo ... ( you won't need to fight ? How the movies ... ) : : constellation Forum ] Updated : [ 20071011 8:25:00 ] [,]],,